Archive Pace Setter Scheme - verdict

12:35 PM

As I wrote about last week, I attended an information session for the Archives Pace Setter Scheme in Edinburgh.

I had been attending so I could report back to University of Glasgow colleagues and wasn't sure if there was any scope for the Ballast Trust to participate in the scheme. After finding out more though, I think that there in facts lots of things that we are doing or planning to do that could be more formally planned as projects and count as an innovative archive project.

One of the key things about the scheme is that the project only has to be innovative for your service and not innovative across the whole archive sector! This means that the introduction of an electronic database for cataloguing (which is fairly standard across most archives) would count as it is new for the Ballast Trust.

So, I'm off to think up projects and start planning.

You Might Also Like

0 comments